Schiller for the pop music generation
60 min. (in German)
Colourful performance about the famous German poet with Bridge Markland performing as Friedrich Schiller. A collage of Schillers biography, his theatre pieces and his letters with popular music of several generations.
The piece shows Friedrich Schiller as a human being. His personal ups and downs, his revolt against his territorial lord, his love life, his way of dealing with money and drugs, aswell as the mirroring of these themes within his literary work.
"...In this fashion the poet becomes alive, infringed, tangible, a mortal. Markland makes the spectator curious– about Schiller and all the other German classics.“
WAZ Kultur in Dortmund, 14 Nov 2005
- Schillerpalais, Berlin-Neukölln, 2005
- Art Night at Kindl Boulevard - shopping mall in Berlin Neukölln, 2005
- LesArt Literature Festival, Dortmund / Germany, 2005
- Saalbau Neukölln, Berlin, 2006
- 100° Festival Berlin, 2006
- Professor Pröpstls Kasperletheater, Großaspach / Germany, 2007
- Bücherfest (Book Festival) Tübingen / Germany , 2007
- Barnim Oberschule (High School), Berlin, 2007
- Montagstreff, Hoyerswerda / Germany, 2009
- Schillertage, Marbach am Neckar / Germany, 2011