Fun and unacademic artist talk about life and work with performance excerpts.
Bridge Markland: king-ing the drag - drag-ing the king | con-structing the bridge | de-constructing gender
The Berlin gender performance legend Bridge Markland talks about her life connected to her art. We will hear anecdotes how experiments with costuming led to her most famous gender performance The most beautiful woman in the world. The performance can be experienced right inbetween the talk sections.
"Bridge Markland’s performance had me entertained from beginning to end. Her raw and interactive gestures towards the audience
make you feel as if you are part of her experience, not just an observer."
"I had no idea what to expect going into Bridge Markland's lecture performance. But what I witnessed was far more then I could have expected.
The performance was sentimental, provocative and entertaining all in one, I highly recommend!"
2 students, CIEE US-College in Berlin, 'Gender + Sexuality' course, 2016
"The coolest lecture we ever had!" Student at Technical University Braunschweig, 'Gender Studies', 2017
5 Feb 2020 - 2.15 - 3.45 PM
within the Seminar "Clowning, Burlesque, Drag-Shows" with Dr. Joanna Staśkiewicz
This lecture performance has been held at:
- Universität/University Innsbruck / Austria, 2019
- Ev. Hochschule Rheinland-Westfalen-Lippe, Bochum, Germany, 2019
- Kulturlabor Stromboli, Hall in Tirol, Austria, 2019
- Universität Mozarteum / Art University, Institute for Gender Mainstreaming + Gender Studies - Salzburg, Austria, 2019
- Kunstuniversität / Art University - Graz, Austria, Center for Gender Research, 2018
- Universität Leipzig, Theater Studies, 2002 + 2018
- Performing Arts Festival Berlin / Brotfabrik Berlin, 2018
- AHA - Berlin, 2018
- CIEE US-College in Berlin, 'Gender, Identities, Media course, 2017
- ausland - Berlin, 2017
- Technical University Braunschweig, 'Gender Studies', 2017
- CIEE US-College in Berlin, 'Gender + Sexuality' course, 2016
- Schwules (Gay) Museum* Berlin, within the 'Am I Dandy?' exhibit, 2016
- Freie Universität Berlin, Theatre Studies Institute, 2012
- Universität Hamburg, Queer Initiative, 2009
- Frauenkultur - Leipzig, 2006
- Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Queer AG, 2005
- Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Gender Studies, 2003
The lecture performance can be held in German or English or bilingual in both languages